Monday, March 25, 2013

Chad gadya

You win some, you lose some.  I'm not doing so poorly this year, but I struck out on one count: this year is the first one ever in which I have no Seder to go to for Passover.  Kind of a bummer, I must admit.

There aren't many Jews in Cornstate, and the ones I've run into so far are, frankly, not my cup of tea.  I learned last year that going to a Seder with people I don't know and don't much care for isn't really fun.  Since I haven't met anyone I trust to do a Seder the way I'd enjoy it, and since just about anyone who might host or attend a Seder lives at least forty-five minutes down the road from me in one direction or another, and since today was a huge snowstorm anyway, I bagged the effort.  Better alone than in bad company, right?

Sigh.  Guess I'll just have to party by myself this year.


3 comments:

  1. Yo, dude, why IS this night different from all other nights?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about inviting some friends and sharing the tradition a bit? (I've been to Seders at friends' houses and it was lovely to be included in their tradition.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks! Here, let me give you the link I promised about how to make pan sauces (aka "fond") and I hope that will make up for things:

    http://reluctantgourmet.com/cooking-techniques/sauces/item/1172-simple-pan-sauces

    (also look up pan roasting on that site.)

    ReplyDelete