Tuesday, November 13, 2012

That time of year again

I am bleary-eyed and heavy-limbed right now, and can't go to sleep yet because I have clothes I need in the dryer.  I awoke on a little less than four hours' sleep this morning to give a test in Intro to Libel and Slander.  The insufficient hours of sleep were a product of my trying to finish (ha!) my conference paper last night.  Somehow, late this morning, I managed to hack out a full draft of the paper and email it to the discussant.  (This may be my all-time record: the furthest in advance I drafted a conference paper and sent it to the discussant.)  Then I put together a presentation for a colleague's class.  Then I dealt with some utterly insane unbloggable stuff. 

And now, after treating myself to dinner because the fridge is empty, I can start packing my suitcase as the laundry goes through the dryer cycle.  I have to rise at 5:00AM tomorrow, so it's gonna be an early night.  (If I know what's good for me.) 

Stay tuned for updates from the Big Giant Pseudology Conference!

2 comments:

  1. Ye gads, friend. Good luck on your paper and the unbloggable stuff. You know where I am if you need to talk. Not tonight though. You need sleep, and I have an f-ing humanities lecture to write. Maybe you'll be able to sleep on your plane ride? Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! Why do I feel just as tired when I haven't been doing any conferences?

    ReplyDelete