Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanks

I'm currently gritting my teeth and getting through another tough period in Hometown.  I'm feeling rather vitriolic and ungracious toward a number of people and things right now.  But, since it's Thanksgiving, I thought it would be worth reminding myself of a few people and things I'm actually thankful for.
  • I actually like my job.  
  • I actually like most of my students.
  • I really like my colleagues.
  • I have a job.  (Attending the Big Giant Pseudology Conference and meeting some old friends reminded me that some of my colleagues have never held a full-time academic job with health benefits.)  
  • My book contract.  'Nuff said.
  • The few people in my family who actually make my life easier, rather than harder.
  • My health.  Visiting Hometown reminds me of that pretty sharply.
  • My sanity.  See above.
  • My friends.
And so to bed.  Happy Thanksgiving, all.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving a shade late. Let's get coffee when you get back, if you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait--I've been buried in grading this term and I'm behind. Did I miss the book contract announcement? Hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete