- Post all these applications I've accumulated, since I forgot that today was Columbus Day and the post office wouldn't be open.
- Return book to Alma Mater Undergrad.
- Get a haircut.
- Do a fuckton of laundry so that I don't have to travel with smelly clothes.
- Pick up a research-length supply of my favorite pens. (Yes, I have a favorite kind. No, I will not apologize for this. You can't use just any writing tool on those gorgeous — and carcinogenic? — Moleskine notebooks.)
- Buy one of those all-in-one tool thingies.
- Pack — carefully. I checked the luggage restrictions on my ticket, and discovered that I have to adhere to what sounds like a rather strict total weight requirement. I fear this means bringing one suitcase less than I had planned, unless I measure the total bag weight to the ounce. My postdoc will actually comp me for overweight baggage fees, but why take chances on the outbound flight? All of us who have conducted research trips know that new reading materials have a way of coming home with us, driving the overweight bag fees through the roof. (Coming home from my last trip, I got reamed for $300 in overweight bag fees. No joke.)
1 year ago