Friday, July 12, 2013

Moment of selfishness

I won't pretend this is noble, but I feel the need to plead with the people of Research Country:

STOP DOING THINGS.

You have no idea the havoc you are wreaking on my linchpin book chapter.  I'm writing as fast as I can, and you are making my life harder by continuing to do stuff.  Could you all just fucking hold still for two more goddamn months?  I mean, don't try to hold your breath or anything crazy like that, but please, please stop doing interesting things for a little while.  Go read a book or do a jigsaw puzzle or something.  Maybe catch up on Breaking Bad, I don't know.  But please, just give it all a rest.  You are wearing me down to the bone.

*collapses across keyboard*

P.S. Could you please also stop killing each other?  I really feel like you're going to regret that later.

1 comment:

  1. See, you really need to leave current events to journalists and work on really old stuff that stays put! You don't see Fie pleading with Willie to stop publishing, do you? There you go.

    ReplyDelete