Friday, April 20, 2012

Aaargh – false alarm

Well, fuck me, it looks like I didn't read between the lines carefully enough.  The job I posted about – in a post that just went *poof* – is not tenure-track, but merely "full-time."  Uh-huh.  Serves me right for getting all hot and bothered before double-checking my own spreadsheet notes.

So now I'm just going to sit back and wait like I originally planned.  If this new potential job is contract, then there's no reason to go for it in comparison to CBU or Ghosttown U.  Whatever I hear this weekend will be what I hear, and then I will make my choice accordingly, and then email this third school to withdraw myself.

Sigh.  At least I'm no longer vibrating nervously.

3 comments:

  1. Dammit, the things I miss when I have a busy day! Would love to hear details, if you don't mind sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh is right. :( It may still be better than Ghosttown, though, if you can afford to move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot, I missed the other post. But am glad to hear the realization was a calming one...

    ReplyDelete