- Hi, guys! I'm in Bosstown now! (See photo of downtown Bosstown.)
- Bosstown seems to run on meetings. Meetings in order to set up more
meetings. Which pave the way for even more meetings. At some point in
this seemingly endless feedback loop, a job materializes for the job
seeker. Everyone here swears to me that it is ultimately a matter of
acquiring a sufficiently large circle of acquaintances who know me
personally that one of them will realize that zi has a job I'd be
perfect for. The whole thing feels distinctly like the Underpants
Gnomes business model:
- Fuck me, new wardrobes are expensive. Here in Bosstown, people dress a lot more formally than in any university I've ever heard of, and that goes double for interview attire.
- On the plus side, I've got some nice shirts now, and some killer ties to go with my new suits. I also have a beautiful pair of business-dress shoes.
- On the down side, the stupid screen door where I'm staying has already scraped my left shoe a few times. No doubt about it: I'm hard on footwear.
- We can put a man on the moon, but we can't develop truly tropical-weight wool for business suits? WTF? It's in the goddamn 90s already; it just isn't right.
- Still, the clothes are fun. How do you like today's ensemble? (I know, it's not quite my best angle.)